Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stretching my paychecks to the limit

The price of everything is rising. It almost seems as if there is a conspiracy out there to eat up my paycheck. Each week I try to stretch my paycheck as much as I can. Here are some of the things I do:

Coupons: I religiously use coupons now more than before.

Electricity: The lights are off and all the unused appliances are unplugged.

Sales: Every store I go into I try to buy items that are on sale. Even at the supermarket I try to buy the items I need when they are on sale.

My new job came at the right time. Taking public transportation is not so bad anymore now that the price of gas has gone up more than 15 cents in two weeks.

These are all things I have been doing in the past. However, in the past couple weeks I have paid much more attention to how much money I spend.

2 comments:

BK said...

chica.. I feel you and the next couple of weeks I will be doing that even more!!! my new gig starts on monday and I will be on public transportation BUT I still have to drive to the train.. I really miss NYC in times like this!

SavingDiva said...

I also need to watch where my money goes...but unfortunately with increasing gas prices, I need to start driving to work :(