Friday, August 22, 2008

Financial Updates

My goal is to open a third CD the first week of September. This would put my total in CD's at around $2,000. If am able to get this done it would be a huge accomplishment. Then it hit me this morning, all three CD's will mature before the tax deadline. So, I will open an IRA before the April 15 deadline.

Time to do my research on IRA's.

It may appear as if all my savings is tied up in CD's which the majority of it is. However, my savings account balance is hardly ever below 500 and I am never more than 8 days away from my next paycheck.

The balance owed on my car is less than 7,000. It would be nice to pay this off before years end. However, I will play it by ear and see what happens. This would mean putting almost $1,800 per month for the next 4 months or so. This seems to be a very lofty goal by my calculations. Never say never.


Uncle Sam and I have an understanding. This September am gonna pay that mofo what I owe him and after that he won't bother me no more. As for Spitzer, Pataki, Patterson or whoever is in Albany...I'll get to you when I get to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to pay my car off too. I have other goals right now, so even though it's possible I'm going to pass on that for now. But I know how you feel.

L. Marie Joseph said...

Dayum Girl, you're on a roll. Time to Change your Blog title, LOL

S said...

Great work, out of the brokeness and into the postivite world!