Tuesday, March 03, 2009

My Financial Psyche...Plans etc

The DOW dropped even lower. Now, I am not an expert but can this thing drop any lower??

I am not even sure what is left in my old 403B anymore. I am still contributing to my pension at the current job.

The game plan right now is to continue pay down debt and save as much as I can. I've had to adjust my plans because the income from the part-time gig is almost non existent. However, I am still on track to bring the e-fund to the full goal before June 30, 2009.

My brown bagging is now at almost 100%. I eat out at work maybe once per week. In driving on the weekends I run all my errands in one trip as much as I can.

The small adjustments I've been making has helped me cope with the decrease in income.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you on the 401K. I won't even look at mine. I just keep contributing and keep it rolling. People think I'm crazy at work because, I PB&J it almost every day. My co worker's catch phrase is "we are in a recession," everytime someone asks him to go out to get lunch. I have pretty much coined his phrase and so has the thirty and under lunch crowd who all sits with him at lunch.

Anonymous said...

There are very few buyers in this market so the DOW is headed further down until banks or financial institutions capitulate (stop selling to cut their losses and buy to invest again).

It's great for 401k if you don't plan to retire soon, equities, at least those that will survive this recession, can't get much cheaper.