Monday, June 14, 2010

Home ownership chronicles

Since moving into my new apt in December:

In April my mortgage payments went down by $120. A tax abatement finally kicked in.

My electric and gas bill for this past month is over $100 less than what it was during winter. This is a win, win.

Am proud of my decision to buy my apartment. However, not everyone in my family feels the same way. I've moved in over 6 months now, and a certain family member who lives but 15 minutes away has yet to come by. I have mixed feelings about it, but can't say am surprised.

This blog and now twitter keeps me sane. I can say what I want without judgements, and if someone dares to judge I just delete they azz. LOL In real life it is not the same way. There's too much going on financially around me at times. Too many people asking for help in one way or another. Sometimes I vent on twitter, sometimes I just stay quiet. Am just happy to have the avenue to express myself when I feel like it.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

I think buying your own place is always a good idea. We tried selling our house a couple of years ago but couldn't and now rent it out. The rent covers our mortgage, taxes and insurance so I'm not disappointed we bought. It's a big first commitment but worth it, I think.