Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ask and you shall receive

August was a chaotic month with lots of friends and family visiting. Things got out of hand financially with me not opening bills on time. My September statement came with a whopping $29 late fee attached. I called up the company and nicely asked them to waive the late fee since the payment was only a few days late, and I've been a loyal customer.

'Ok ma'am I am happy to do that for you. Check your next billing statement or check online within 48 hours'.

'Thank you for being calling. '

$29 dollars saved, great. The next payment is set up to go out two weeks before the due date.

2 comments:

BeautyinBaltimore said...

I've had to do this in the past. As long as it is not a regular occurance most companies do not mind forgiving one fee.

GolbGuru said...

Well its not just $29 saved, you saved yourself a big dent in your credit score too. Congratulations.