Monday, October 08, 2007

Two lessons from the world's richest man

This morning the world's richest man Carlos Slim gave an interview to Diane Sawyer of Good Morning America. The two lessons I took away from this interview were:

1. Keep a spending diary. I knew this before, but hearing it from the world's richest man puts it in a different perspective. He kept a little journal when he was a kid, about how he spent his allowance.

2. You don't have to flaunt it, because you have it. Guess I will not be buying that $400,000 Bentley I saw it my dreams.

6 comments:

dc_speaks said...

i missed the interview, but that is great advice. I thougth I was diogn good just keepin my receipts.

lol

Single Ma said...

I missed it too. Darn! Would have loved to see that. I'm gonna look for it on youtube.

LOL @ no Bentley for you this time.

L. Marie Joseph said...

I remember when Warren Buffet said in an interview with CNBC

The advice he had for young people was 2 things.

Avoid credit card debt and Invest in yourself. I like that. Simple and to the point

Diva's Thoughts said...

That spending diary idea is a really good one.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

That's it!!

I'm getting up on that spending diary for real for real :-)

Shew it's hard NOT to flaunt what you've got...especially when you gotta work like a slave to get it!!!

SavingDiva said...

Wow! I can't believe the world's richest man kept a spending diary! I would just think he throws money around everywhere...hm...