Monday, October 01, 2007

Random Stuff

The MTA wants to raise the fare from $2.00 to $2.25. Are you kidding me? I can barely get damn seat, or get a train on time and you want more money. I wish my employer would give me raises for mediocre work, absences and lateness. Shhiiittt!! I would be rich after working for only a year.

According to my calculations buying breakfast everyday at work would cost approximately $55 per month. This is the low end breakfast. Nothing with the fancy, smancy coffee and whole wheat blah blah. As long as I keep thinking of this as my electric and gas bill then am good. I will not be tempted to buy anything.

The $20 worth of gas in my car is estimated to last three weeks. Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!

On my new quest to conserve energy my electrical bill has dropped by over $20 per month in the past three months. I will continue with my conservation efforts, there is quite a bit more I can do.

7 comments:

Jazzy said...

The MTA is smoking crack! What happened to the surplus they had?!

They suck!

Anonymous said...

it's all about finding those corners to cut. no chance you could fix a breakfast-on-the-go at home, is there?

down here in philly, SEPTA just increased their fares - maybe it's just contagious. I'm not trippin though, it's just an additional $6 a month (wait a minute, that's an additional $72 a year!) *ahem* ...transit companies suck.

Diva's Thoughts said...

I need to learn your energy conservation techniques.

dc_speaks said...

i need to send my 15yr old son over to your blog to see what can be done to save needless money expenses.

thank you!!!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

I think it's only fair that BEFORE the MTA asks for another fare increase---they show me and the rest of the world what they've done with all the money they've reeled in from the last one cuz hell if the stations haven't gotten filthier...the announcements twice as inaudible...and the service still sucks double time and a half!!

Single Ma said...

What are you doing to conserve energy? Do tell...

By the way, did you cut off your blog feed? I'm not getting updates in my reader anymore.

Anonymous said...

I know what your sayin' girl. Big shots at MTA, show us where the money went from last time first. They must be trippin' I tell you.