Monday, June 05, 2006

Random Money Rants

Major expenses (anything above $500 not including rent) have a way of putting a dent in any budget. My cash flow chart is prepared every two weeks, the day before pay day. I normally sit down and look at all the bills that are piled up and pay the most important. Now I know what my bills are each month, but for some reason I get a slight case of amnesia when it comes to major expenses like car insurance that is due every 6 months, or the fact that I owe the State of NY $600. I know, I know I should budget for it each month and put the money aside. However, each month there isn't any money left over. What's a girl to do? This is over $1400 that I need to 'squeeze' into my cash flow statement. Ouch!!

The tax people were very courteous and helpful when I called. The gentleman helped me to set up an installment plan so I can spread the tax bill over the next 6 months.
I have now learned my lesson the hard way. Before the next insurance payment is due in October I will try and raise at least half the payment over time.

The ever elusive emergency fund goal will probably be pushed back, unless I categorize car insurance as an emergency.

No comments: