Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Accident / Insurance update

There was a letter in the mail today from the insurance company about the accident. After reading through all the big words and legal jargon they are basically saying that after fixing my car and paying over $5,000 they want their money back. They (my insurance) is going after the other party, her insurance and anybody else they can, to get repaid. I was instructed that I can do the same if I want, however, am not to sign any kind of release that will jeopardize them getting paid. Since, they are including my deductible ($1,000) I have nothing to do but sit back and relax. To this day I have not said a word to the other driver and or her representatives. I have no intentions of starting now. The letter did say it could take up to a year and they may sue the pants off her if they have to.

Don't you just love insurance companies! LOL

5 comments:

Single Ma said...

Thank goodness you weren't hurt or lost any wages. If that were the case, I'd recommend you get your own attorney. Ins co. only look out for themselves.

I hope everything is resolved soon.

BK said...

Well good luck!!! Keep copies of everything and if you need to get your own attorney then do so.. because the insurance company is goign to look out for their bottom line not yours.

Tired of being broke said...

The only money I had to spend was on the deductible a whopping $1,000. That is included in the money the insurance company is trying to recoup.

I did not suffer any financial loss that is worth getting an attorney over. I would be happy though to get the deductible back.

I want this over and done with.

Anonymous said...

This dude without insurance had hit me about a year ago and my insurance company went after for him for everything. I didn't even pay a deductible. I felt bad because he wasn't even driving, his friend was. And both of them were Iraq war vets... but they were 22 and 23, yeah.

Tired of being broke said...

They are old enough to know better. I am just hoping to get my deductible back. I know they are including it in the amount they are trying to recover. I paid it up front once my car was done being fixed.