Thursday, August 23, 2007

Random stuff

1. Am getting to be more and more organized. Once my bills come in, I put the minimum into online bill pay. This way nothing gets paid late. Once those are done being paid then I make an additional payment.

2. Gas is now down to $2.49 per gallon. Am so happy.

3. Velveeta Shells and Cheese at the supermarket is $2.79, at Target it is $1.52 regular price. I am getting better at letting my dollars stretch a bit more.

4. Now that it is summer I would encourage anyone looking to pay down debt, to get a part-time job. It really, really helps. I will be keeping mine for quite a while longer, I actually enjoy it most days.

5. I am glad I do not have children, back to school shopping is no joke.

6. This blog is making me more accountable for my finances each day. I look at prices more closely, look for more bargains and save as much as I can, when I can.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This all sounds wonderful!!!

Revanche said...

Seriously good job, chica, you're doing great. Doesn't it feel good to be organized?

Organized Noise said...

You've motivated me to start my own financial blog. Check it out when you get a chance.

Now tell me, where the hell you found gas at $2.49. The cheapest I've seen it is $2.93

BK said...

congrats ma!!! glad you are making ground!!! you might want to check walmart too LOL its funny that most times my grocery shopping is doen either at BJ's in bulk or at superwalmart LOL

DurtyMo said...

I'm saying! You makin me reevaluate my shyt! LOL! Thanks!

Tired of being broke said...

Thanks Sistah Ant!

Organized, I see you!! I like. Once per week on my way home, I trek through Jersey. It is the same amount of miles as coming directly into NYC. That is where the cheap gas is. Gotta stretch those dollars.

BK the closest Walmart is in White Plains and I do not like driving on that part of the Bronx River after dark, LOL. I may check it out one day though. It is on my way home, if I take a different path. Am making ground a little at a time and learning as I go.

Durtymo you are most welcome. A little at a time helps, and it works.

Diva's Thoughts said...

You go girl! I'm proud of you. I wish I wsa cost conscience. I spend without eventhinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Bronx Chica- Yea I'm trying to pay down my debt before the new year comes. Also I do write down what I pay for. As for back to school, not yet until next year.