I am not an expert in any field, well except maybe sleeping and eating. However, I do have some advice for aging boomers because of the work am involved in. This is advice is for boomers, their parents and their kids.
1. Let someone know where all your paper work is.
2. Get a handle on and consolidate your accounts as much as possible. Your children in their 20's and 30's will have a hard time trying to gather things together when you are older.
3. Appoint a power of attorney when your are still able to understand what is going on. Please make sure this person knows what the heck they are doing.
4. Have enough health insurance. MEDICARE IS NOT ENOUGH.
5. Make sure you educate yourself and your family on the different clause in your insurance policy.
6. Get LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE. It goes a long way.